Anyone who knows me would probably say that well, Andrea can’t really do anything small. And why would my bachelorette be any different right?
Truth be told the only reason my squad and I were even able to take a week in Mexico was because I pretty much have the best Bestie ever. She happens to have a timeshare in Mexico and when it came time to plan the trip it seemed like the natural destination. Who wouldn’t want to visit a beautiful resort with a swim up bar and beautiful beach? Exactly.
And guys, it was perfection. Absolute perfection. We arrived to a beautiful resort with breathtaking views and it seriously was the most perfect relaxing week and my squad spoiled me! Like ultimate spoiled. Each day someone gave me a super thoughtful gift but what made it so special is that everyone had practically a little speech before. You have no idea how much it means to hear such sweet kind words from these people who have literally helped shaped who I am today. I was practically crying tears of joy every day.
But let’s be real Bachelorette’s can sometimes be a source of tension and stress but don’t worry I have you covered! Here are my 5 tips for to keep the peace and everyone happy!
- Be respectful. Well duh. That’s a given right? But I’m talking about all the things that come along with going or traveling to whatever destination you are going to. Weather it’s the downtown bar or across the country. You want to make sure you give your girls and guys plenty of time to plan, save, and decide if they can make it. This is a big financial commitment and even time commitment. If someone can’t make it, or someone has a prior engagement don’t be that girl and throw a tempter tantrum. These are your favorite people and let’s keep it that way.
- You might be the Bride but give back. I know, I know …its my party?! I should be the one treated. That very well is the case but these girls made the effort to plan you an amazing night or weekend and a little goes a long way. Maybe it’s just hand written cards as everyone arrives, or fun totes to use during the weekend. There are so many small gestures that can help you show your appreciation because trust me they are spoiling you rotten as you so deserve.
- Don’t invite the whole world. We all love a good party with ALL the people but trust me you might want to pull the reigns a little when thinking about who you want to invite. This should be the most drama free, fun filled experience. So if your kinda sorta good friend is nearby and could probably make it, leaver her off. We don’t have time for drama.
- Drink Champagne but drink water. Ladies let’s not get to sloppy. We all know who we are talking about. And we don’t want to be her. Have your fun but don’t forget to eat and don’t forget that water. No one wants to be sick and feeling miserable.
- Let it go. Don’t go building up expectations and be disappointed if something did or didn’t happen. These are your besties and even if things don’t go perfectly you are all together and that’s what really matters.
Bonus: Take as many pictures as you possibly can because just like all things wedding related it goes by so fast! And trust me this will be an event you don’t want to forget!
Ps- Don’t I have the best looking squad ever? We need someone else to get engaged so we can have another excuse for bachelorette paradise!